Sometimes, we like some apps and want to tweak them like app icons, permissions, etc. As you know, you cannot edit any app with any random text editor or document editing software. You, in that case, need an app that is specially made for it. Today I will be talking in-depth about this application and discuss how you can install an APK editor for Windows.
What is an APK?
APK stands for Android Package Kit. To understand APK, you first need to know how an app is developed. An app can have thousands of lines of code in it. It also consists of all the icons you click on. Every page is first designed independently in XML, and then functions are added in any backend language like Java, Kotlin, etc.
In the end, developers need to bind them in as a single package, and also, he doesn’t want anyone to copy their code. That single package is called APK.
When you tap the “Install” button on Play Store, it automatically downloads the APK and installs it, and then removes the APK file. But when you decide to download it from a third-party source, you have to download the APK, and then you can install it. Just like you download and install software on a PC.
What is APK Editor?
APK Editor is an Android app, and as the name suggests, it lets you edit any APK file. As I have already mentioned, an app has many things like icons for the app designs, permission details that an app needs to run, etc.
With APK Editor, you can redesign any app can change the way it looks completely.
There are a lot of apps that seek absolutely irrelevant permissions. For example, a flashlight app asks for contacts and calls access permission. What would a flashlight app do with contact permission? You can remove irrelevant permission from any app with the help of the APK Editor app.
Features of APK Editor:
APK editor has a lot of cool features that will make you fall in love with it. Here are a few:
- Icon Edit: You can change the icon of any app with the APK editor. For example, you can put a Youtube icon on the Whatsapp app so that no one can check your Whatsapp messages.
- Title Change: You can also change the title of any app as an icon. As the last example, if you don’t want to open your WhatsApp, you can simply change it to something else like “News.”
- Access Permissions: As I have already mentioned, you can change any app’s permission to safeguard your Online privacy.
- Advanced Editing: In advance editing mode, you can also change a few codes inside the app if you know to code.
How to Download an APK Editor For Windows?
APK Editor is an Android app and doesn’t have PC software. If you are that kind of person who loves working on PCs, then don’t be sad; I’ll help you install APK editor for Windows. Follow this step-by-step guide.
- Go to https://www.bluestacks.com/ and download the emulator.
- Install the emulator on your Windows system.
- Now, open the emulator and open Chrome in it.
- Download the APK of APK editor from APKpure or copy and paste this link in the browser https://apkpure.com/apk-editor-android/com.gmail.heagoo.apkeditor
- Finally, install the app, and you’re ready to edit any APK file.
Is the APK Editor safe?
Yes, it has been used by millions of users across the world.
Why is it not on the Play Store?
APK editor is not on Google Play Store because Google doesn’t want you to make any change to any APK file if you are not the Developer of that app.
I don’t know coding, how can I use APK editor?
APK editor has two modes: simple and advanced. If you don’t know any programming language, then you can use simple mode.
APK Editor is a mobile phone application that’s primary purpose is to empower you – the user. It lets you edit app looks and the most important, the permissions that it asks.
You can easily install the APK editor for Windows with the help of any Android emulator.
If you have any questions regarding this topic, you can ask in the comments. I’ll be happy to help you.