Android has recently released its latest operating system update – Android 11, which comes with exciting new features and improvements to make your user experience even better. This update has been long-awaited by Android lovers, and if you are wondering how to install the update or what’s new, this article will guide you through everything you need to know.
What’s new in Android 11
1. Conversations are now prioritized – The new operating system now features a dedicated notification space for all conversations, which means that you’ll get a new section in your notification shade that identifies and displays every conversation in one place. In this section, you can reply directly from the notification shade, and even set a priority for your conversations.
2. Screen recording – Android 11 offers native screen recording, making it easier to capture your screen activity without using any third-party apps. You can find screen recording in the quick settings panel, which you can access by swiping down from the top of the screen.
3. Smart device controls – Android 11 now provides quick access to connected home devices, like smart door locks, and smart light bulbs from a dedicated space in the power menu. This is an easier and quicker way of managing your smart home without having to open a specific app for each device.
4. Better media controls – With Android 11, you can manage all of your media players with a single toggle. The update also offers seamless switching between Bluetooth and Android TV devices.
5. Permissions – Android 11 features an upgraded permission management that will be easier to navigate. Now, you have full control over which permissions are granted to apps, even if you’ve previously granted an app permission to certain features.
How to install Android 11
Before updating to Android 11, it is recommended that you do a backup of your data to prevent loss of essential files. Additionally, it would help if you had a stable internet connection to ensure a smooth download and installation process.
Here are the steps to install Android 11 on your device.
1. Check for OTA update – Go to your phone’s settings, find the “System” section, and select the “Software update” option to see if Android 11 is available for you to download as an over-the-air (OTA) update. If it isn’t available yet, you can check back again later.
2. Manually update the device – If the update isn’t available as an OTA update, you can manually update your android device by downloading the firmware for your specific phone model from the manufacturer’s website. After downloading the file, follow the instructions to install and update the OS to the latest version.
Android 11 is an excellent system update that provides more simplified and improved features that will enhance your user experience. With its improved permissions, smart device controls, and priority conversations, you don’t want to miss out on everything Android 11 has to offer. Follow the steps provided to update your device to the latest Android operating system for improved performance and better user experience.